POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media : Re: Media Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 12 Aug 2000 11:42:04
Message: <39957086.94D58FFE@yahoo.com>
> I assume you want the halo effect seen around light sources in fog...
> You need to use one of the scattering functions other than isotropic.
> Mie hazy and Mie murky(types 2 and 3) should work well. Rayleigh(4)
> might work under some circumstances, Heyney-Greenstein(5) could give you
> more control over the size of the "halo".

Here, I've tried the code below, but it doesn't give me anything, my object is
plain transparent and we can see some darkened outline, but that looks more like
a bug since the object is pigment {rgbf 1}...

texture {
  pigment { color rgbf 1 }
}
interior {
  media {
    absorption 1
    emission 1
    scattering { 2, rgb 1 extinction 1 }
  }
}

Is there any global_settings I need to turn on to see a cloud? Is there
something I'm missing?

Thanks,
	Simon